Re: slow forms on win 2003 terminal server

From: Shakespeare <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:42:06 +0200

"Andreas Moroder" <Andreas.moroder@[nospam]> schreef in bericht news:g2jd0k$732$
> Hello,
> we have a forms 10 application that run very well on a win 2000 server.
> Now we migrated to a win 2003 TS and the application became very slow.
> When we type then the characters appear slowly.
> Does anyone know the reason and a solution ?
> Thanks
> Andreas

It's a known and old problem. The reason is that TS takes away all optimizations of the (IE)browser, like smart rendering of repeating patterns.

Solution: don't use TS, but connect your (local) browser directly to the application.
Avoid repainting of your forms app, like changing menu-items, displayed status of fields etc.

Shakespeare Received on Wed Jun 11 2008 - 00:42:06 CDT

Original text of this message