Re: slow forms on win 2003 terminal server

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:42:06 +0200

"Andreas Moroder" <Andreas.moroder@[nospam]sb-brixen.it> schreef in bericht news:g2jd0k$732$1_at_news.dtag.de...
> Hello,
>
> we have a forms 10 application that run very well on a win 2000 server.
>
> Now we migrated to a win 2003 TS and the application became very slow.
> When we type then the characters appear slowly.
>
> Does anyone know the reason and a solution ?
>
> Thanks
> Andreas

It's a known and old problem. The reason is that TS takes away all optimizations of the (IE)browser, like smart rendering of repeating patterns.

Solution: don't use TS, but connect your (local) browser directly to the application.
Avoid repainting of your forms app, like changing menu-items, displayed status of fields etc.

Shakespeare Received on Wed Jun 11 2008 - 00:42:06 CDT

Original text of this message