Re: Recompiling invalid objects with a batch file

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:47:08 -0700

Ubiquitous wrote:

> In article <1196834485.490788_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com>, damorgan_at_psoug.org
> wrote:

>> Ubiquitous wrote:
>

>>> Is there a way to write a sqlplus batch file to "recompile all invalid
>>> objects", or at least compile a specific object? I know the capacity
>>> exists in TOAD but I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes...
>> No reason to make it difficult on yourself:
>>
>> SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/utlrp
>> http://www.psoug.org/reference/files.html
>>
>> or if you prefer:
>>
>> UTL_RECOMP
>> http://www.psoug.org/reference/utl_recomp.html
>> which allows you to compile in parallel or serial fashion.
>>
>> or if you prefer:
>>
>> DBMS_UTILITY.COMPILE_SCHEMA
>> http://www.psoug.org/reference/dbms_utility.html
>>
>> No need to reinvent the wheel.
>
> Thank you, but this appears to be for ORACLE 11.
> Is there a similar version for ORACLE 8.1.7?
>
> Thanks again!

The listings in the Library, where it indicates 11 show that it has been tested and works in 11g. That is not an indication that the functionality did not exist back in earlier releases.

For example there is an entry for TABLES. I've been told tables existed in 8i and 8.0, and 7.3, etc.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor