Re: Oracle chief architect says there ought to be one Linux distribution: Red Hat

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 15:00:24 -0700 (PDT)

On May 8, 1:40 pm, Ivan Marsh <ivanma..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 08 May 2008 13:34:30 -0700, joel garry wrote:
>
> >> Yeah, that's why countless corporations and research organizations use
> >> and depend on it.  Tell google that Linux is a "toy OS".
>
> >> Idiot.
>
> > A decade ago I was very pro-linux in cola.).
>
> That explains more than anyone ever need know.

:-)

But still, I'm not the only one who was excited about it and then disillusioned as it bloated, I'm not the only one who thinks Intel hardware sucks, and I'm not the only one who thinks there should be a fork specifically for db needs. Do you not think these are legitimate advocacy issues?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/virtualization/?p=413