Re: allowing a user to kill his own connections

From: <mh_at_pixar.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 04:55:25 GMT

Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> mh_at_pixar.com wrote in news:NsKTj.1754$ah4.1745_at_flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com:
>
> > I would like to allow developers to kill their own sessions, e.g.
> >
> > alter system kill session '$sid,$serial#'
> >
> > but only for sessions which are theirs.
> >
> > Is there a grant which can handle this? If not, what's the
> > best way to handle this?
> >

> You can write a procedure owned by SYS which can issue the ALTER SYSTEM;
> using owner's rights not invoker's rights.

And if I want to make sure that you can't kill someone else's session, that should be handled by comparing the current user with the user of the $sid, is that right?

In other words, there's not an automatic ownership/protection mechanism a la unix processes and kill.

Thanks All!
Mark

--
Mark Harrison