Re: oracle 9i: errors by clone a DB by a script

From: Andreas Mosmann <mosmann_at_expires-30-04-2008.news-group.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:53:50 +0200

sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl schrieb am 29.04.2008 in <86nd14tano88itspmv6fbobv49g6fpcf5q_at_4ax.com>:

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:00:44 +0200, Andreas Mosmann
> <mosmann_at_expires-30-04-2008.news-group.org> wrote:

> It so happens, databases are *designed*, and one shouldn't have one
> database per app.

Why? Please explain your view!
In general I have a customer that wants a solution for his problem. There are some cases the solution is to develop a software using a database, f.e. oracle. So I have to develop 1 Application and 1 Database.
Of course, if there already exists a db and the new problem/solution is related to this data it is possible/useful to integrate the new data/structure into the existing db and you have more than 1 app to only one db.
It is also possible that there is an application collectiong data from more than 1 source, maybe databases/web services or anything else. So you have 1 application corresponding with more databases.

> What you describe are the Mickey Mouse procedures so typical for the
> toy products provided by Mickeysoft.

Ok, but what is wrong to spend time with useful and paid work instead of doing the same boring stuff again and again? And please do not tell me that it is impossible to do fulfil my "wish". Maybe it seems to be useless for you, but impossible?

> Grow up, accept Oracle is much more mature than Mickeysoft will ever
> produce, or stick to Mickeysoft.

I did not criticised the way oracle is working inside but the delivered tools. Do you really want to tell me that I have to use stone age tools to work with a "mature" rdbms? If not, am I a wimp?

Andreas Mosmann

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de