Re: Scanning/mining Oracle 7 (v7.2.3) redo log

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:38:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 22, 10:20 am, suni <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anybody come across any tools/products that can scan the Oracle 7
> redo log to identify the data changes and do something with it? Have
> you worked in this area?
> Thanks.

There was such a tool written by a former Oracle employee. In fact I think Oracle purchased the tool or rights to it to use as the basis for their log miner feature available in more recent releases.

I cannot remember the name but you might try scanning the archives to see if you can find an old thread that mentions the product. I was unable to find a hit but you might have more luck. However, even if you find the name there is the issue of where you will be able to find a copy since Oracle 7 is very old.

Good luck
-- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Apr 22 2008 - 09:38:59 CDT

Original text of this message