Re: oracle on windows

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:26:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 19, 2:51 pm, "F" <f..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> We use Oracle RAC 10g on Windows. Everyone seems to complain about the
> Windows aspect of it. I am just curious.. is it really a bad mix ? People
> complain only because my DBAs do not come from a Windows background.
>
> Let me know

There may be an impedance mismatch if you have RAC for uptime and periodically reboot Windows. (this would be another aspect of what Dan said about Windows SA's). You might google for a classic paper entitled "you probably don't need RAC" (except the licensing/cost issues are different now).

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,,23576348-15317,00.html?from=public_rss