Re: HowTo find out used (useful) and unused (usesless) indexes?

From: Andreas Mosmann <mosmann_at_expires-30-04-2008.news-group.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:37:17 +0200

Thank all of you,

I know that there can be indexes that are only used very seldom so that a too short observing distance (this may be days or years) is a bad idea.

In my case I rebuilt some structure of a database and all the queries are frequently hit by only one program. But these are too many queries to watch every so that the idea is to bulid the new needed indexes and after a period of maybe a month to kill (disable -> drop) all indexes that are not used.
Maybe not the best but maybe the fastest way to rebuild.

Andreas Mosmann

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de