Re: Oracle Trigger Late binding

From: <>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 05:48:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 17, 7:32 am, Vabs <> wrote:
> i want to use if(:new.column_name is not null) which works perfect...
> however my problem is that i want to set this column_name as a run
> time variable (as the table columns are not known to me)
> I tried using a variable but oracle throws a PLS-00049 bad bind
> variable error.
> Please help...

Why do you 'need' this? It seems like a bad idea to me; the :new and :old 'blocks' aren't available outside of a trigger which is written against a specific table (and you should know the columns for that table if you're writing a trigger against it).

I really see no purpose in what you're asking.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Apr 17 2008 - 07:48:42 CDT

Original text of this message