Re: Filling up the results of a query

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 14 Apr 2008 16:04:02 -0800

Ed Prochak (edprochak_at_gmail.com) wrote:
: On Apr 14, 12:41 pm, Hans Mayr <mayr1..._at_gmx.de> wrote:

: > I need to create a view that "fills up" the entries of a table.

: > The problem is that I need a value for all durations, not only the
: > ones I have. So I would like to create a view that calculates (e.g.
: > interpolates, extrapolates) the rates. Result:

: Use an inline view like this:
: select A from (select  rownum A  from all_objects ) tblA
: where  A <20 ;

Why an inner query, why not use all_objects directly?

        select my,calculations,including,rownum from all_objects ;

ALSO, I don't know how many rows are needed, be sure to count all_objects in the target database because there are not always as many as you need for long periods (yep, I have had that happen, though only on a development system).

Another technique could be to use a pipelined function (never done that myself). Received on Mon Apr 14 2008 - 19:04:02 CDT

Original text of this message