Re: SELECT A CLOB - GROUP BY

From: <trpost_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:06:20 -0700 (PDT)

Is there anything that can be done with a PLSQL function to convert a CLOB to a VARCHAR2 to a size larger than 4000 characters? I read that PLSQL can handle a VARCHAR2 with 32767 charcaters, so is it possible to write a function to return this conversion?

I found the following, but couldn't get it to compile:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION GetVarchar2 (iclCLOB IN OUT CLOB) return VARCHAR2
IS

cnuMAX_LENGTH Constant number := 32767 ; nuLength Number := DBMS_LOB.getlength(iclCLOB); sbBuffer varchar2(32767);

DBMS_LOB.read(iclCLOB,nuLength,1,bBuffer); return sbBuffer;
END Thanks Received on Mon Apr 07 2008 - 17:06:20 CDT

Original text of this message