All rows if null

From: banaslee <banaslee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 02:51:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there.

I'm new to oracle and I'd want to build a form search. I'm currently using dynamic sql to append all the where clauses that has no null values on the corresponding form text boxes but I'm searching for a more elegant and static solution.

In text I can use WHERE nvl(a.foo, ' ') = b.foo || '%' so that if b.foo is null it returns all the a.foo rows and I can still use an index if I create it like CREATE INDEX foo_idx ON a(nvl(foo, ' ')). But what about number values? Is there any better solution for them?

I hope I had been enough specific on my question.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Fábio Oliveira Received on Fri Apr 04 2008 - 04:51:25 CDT

Original text of this message