Re: Slow data dictionary query from all_synonyms fixsyn script

From: Kirmo Uusitalo <not_at_exists.com.invalid>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 09:11:32 +0300

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:18:41 +0100, "Shakespeare" <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

>But why would you want it any faster? How many times will you run this
>query? How often do you create synomyms or grant objects?

It is part of our application version upgrade script. As there are quite a lot of objects, users and synonyms, on a typical client install verifying with the fixsyn.sql script that all synonyms are OK takes around 20-30 minutes. I would like it to be faster. You don't want to drink that much of coffee, don't you? :)

>Shakespeare

Kirmo Uusitalo Received on Fri Apr 04 2008 - 01:11:32 CDT

Original text of this message