Re: Comparing databases (Oracle, etc.)

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 07:52:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 1, 6:59 pm, AgataKrishtoff <> wrote:
> Dear All,
> Is anyone aware of a way to compare Oracle databases (schemas and
> content)? I found a .net software that promises an easy and
> visual comparison, but it seems not to be working with Oracle dbs
> (though their site outlines it as one of the available options).
> Thank you.
> Agata

I once wrote a routine to compare the contents of a table loaded with the contents of dba_tab_columns from multiple databases. You could do the same.

Tom Kyte has written about comparing tables to find differences so you can probably find an article on this at via the search feature there.

select * from tableA minus select * from TableA_at_databaseB

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Apr 02 2008 - 09:52:02 CDT

Original text of this message