Re: Comparing databases (Oracle, etc.)

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 07:52:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 1, 6:59 pm, AgataKrishtoff <agata0krisht..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Is anyone aware of a way to compare Oracle databases (schemas and
> content)? I found a .net software DBTyP.net that promises an easy and
> visual comparison, but it seems not to be working with Oracle dbs
> (though their site outlines it as one of the available options).
>
> Thank you.
> Agata

I once wrote a routine to compare the contents of a table loaded with the contents of dba_tab_columns from multiple databases. You could do the same.

Tom Kyte has written about comparing tables to find differences so you can probably find an article on this at http://asktom.oracle.com via the search feature there.

select * from tableA minus select * from TableA_at_databaseB

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Apr 02 2008 - 09:52:02 CDT

Original text of this message