Pivot Table Tool

From: Hans Mayr <mayr1972_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 05:04:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Is there a Windows GUI pivot table tool that has the fuctionallity of pivot tables in Access (user can choose which fields to use in the pivot table, filter the data etc.)? I could of course connect Access to Oracle but this would mean that Access would read a huge amount of data from Oracle and changes in the pivot table would be very slow. I'd prefer a tool that looks at the fields the user actually needs and creates a corresponding query doing all the grouping on Oracle. Thus as little computing would be done on the client's computer as possible and as little data would be transferd to the client.

Does anybody know such a tool? Best freeware? We could of course programme it ourselves but if we had not have to do that work I'd be happy.

I know that 11g offers some pivot functionality but that is not comfortable enough for my collegues who are not experienced with sql.

Thanks and best

Hans Received on Wed Apr 02 2008 - 07:04:25 CDT

Original text of this message