How to "DUMP" a clob?

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 1 Apr 2008 16:23:27 -0800

Hello

DEFINE _SQLPLUS_RELEASE = "1001000500"
DEFINE _O_VERSION = "Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production

I have a clob. I save data in it, and then I want to get it back out. I don't always get back what I expect. I would like to examine the "real" data in the clob.

HOW can I examine the contents of the CLOB to see what is really in it?

DUMP won't do it, and all the other functions appear to do char set translations before they show you anything, so the values you see don't actually tell you what you stored at all. Received on Tue Apr 01 2008 - 19:23:27 CDT

Original text of this message