Re: all SPAM all the time

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:54:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 31, 12:53 pm, spamb..._at_milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:
> In article <sqa2v3ptgo8guo8giku83r7ua13gejg..._at_4ax.com>, Arch <send..._at_spam.net> wrote:
>
> >It's better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
>
> And likewise better to simply ignore spam than to complain about it.

You are forgetting about the monkey-see, monkey-do aspect of spam. For the headhunter spam, pointing out their mispost does work at times, and I have personally seen it work when it is pointed out that not only they but others are called on it. For the linkspam, well, there's a human there somewhere, whether they can be contacted is less than likely. But personally, I have had some success, especially the ones where some author has been ripped off and this is pointed out to google and the author. I speculate some of that is faddish, and will come and go as people try to game online ads and discover it doesn't work after a while.

Ignoring it is accepting it and helps propagate it. That's the experience of people here and some other places, though for sure yet other places have been wiped out, even with people trying to defend them. Anyone who's seen the latter on a group they care about is likely to be very touchy regarding this subject.

The spam you need to ignore is the stuff that is harvesting your email address and asking you to reply with an unsubscribe.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  So I see this listing on zoominfo.com for Joel
Garry who is an Oracle Enterprise Manager at Oracle Corp.  Seems some