Re: all SPAM all the time

From: Doug Miller <spambait_at_milmac.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:22:43 GMT

In article <1206132637.181694_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com>, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
>Doug Miller wrote:
>> In article <1206066237.151283_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com>, DA Morgan
> <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
>>> You are incorrect. About 20% of the time they apologize and stop.
>>
>> If it makes you feel better to believe that, then by all means go ahead and do
>> so.
>
>We know it to be fact. And were you to use google and search the
>archives you would find the evidence. Many apologies and not one
>person that apologized has spammed us again.

Facts are stubborn things:

  1. a Google Groups search on comp.databases.oracle.* shows twenty-six instances in the past year in which you have requested an apology from a spammer;
  2. in only three of these cases did you receive any reply at all from the spammer; and
  3. one of those replies was not an apology.

Two out of twenty-six doesn't seem especially close to "about 20% of the time" to me. Received on Mon Mar 31 2008 - 12:22:43 CDT

Original text of this message