Re: need to connect SQL Server 2k to Oracle 8.9

From: Andy <andymilk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:47:34 -0700 (PDT)

> In SQLServer you create a 'Linked Server'. You can do that easily in MS SQL
> Management Studio tool.
> I'm not familiar with RDB, but in 'normal' Oracle you can use Heterogeneous
> Services to link from Oracle to non-Oracle systems.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the help.

I won't have any control of the Oracle database, so I basically need to use ODBC or SQL Server to connect to it. Once SQL server is "linked", can I talk to the ODBC connection that is connected to my SQL Server, and query data from the Oracle linked server?

I need to pull data from Oracle, insert it into SQL Server tables, and then access that data with ColdFusion. Can I write queries that execute on a schedule to pull data from Oracle and insert into SQL Server tables?

Thanks,
Andy Received on Fri Mar 14 2008 - 08:47:34 CDT

Original text of this message