need to connect SQL Server 2k to Oracle 8.9

From: Andy <>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:06:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I've been doing some research but haven't come up with some solid answers and I'm hoping you can lend a few minutes to help me out.

I'm trying to connect to an Oracle 8.9 database.

There are a couple ways we're exploring:

  1. Connect to Oracle directly via ODBC
  2. Create a "link" between SQL Server 2k and Oracle 8.9

A couple questions:

For option #1 above, will Oracle ODBC Rdb Release connect to Oracle 8.9?

For option #2 above, what are our options? How do we "link" these databases together?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Andy Received on Thu Mar 13 2008 - 15:06:35 CDT

Original text of this message