Re: clean install of oracle apps (ebs) 11i (11.5.10.2)

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:53:02 -0700

batman wrote:
> we are doing a clean install of 11.5.10.2 on a win 2003 server.
> it is a a multi-tier installation with a single DB node and a single
> apps/etc node.
> all pre-reqs check out ok and the installlation goes smoothly and all
> post install checks are ok too. postinstall, however, we have gotten
> mixed opinions about installing patches. when we look into one patch
> it asks for a prereq of a different one and the cycle seems to go on
> forever. the only modules we need is HR and financials. the install
> is
> a fresh download that only about 3 weeks old. does anyboy have a list
> of specific patches (including pre-reqs), if any, we need to download
> to be up to date and stable. we are primarilly a microsoft shop and
> definetly a bit spoiled with the single click updates to all our
> microsoft software without any user interaction.
>
> thx

The patches you apply depend on what modules you are using and whether the intention is to migrate to R12. You will need to be more specific to figure out what you must/should do.

If you send me an email off-line I can get you the list of patches we apply during our E-Business Suite class on the Vision database.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor