Re: can not insert a new row in a table, unique constraint violated.

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:15:57 -0700

vijaysam wrote:
> Hi ,
> I can not insert a row in a table called duct_connectivity.
> when I try to it says.. unique constraint prd.dctconrb `violated.
> not I found out there was no conatraint by this name on the table.
> but there was a index on the table by this name.
> what is happening here.. what is the solution?
> regards
> Vijay

For help post your version number (3+ decimal places) and the actual error message not your interpretation of it.

Robert and Fitzjarrell undoubtedly correct but if you can't sort it out perhaps this will help:

SELECT index_name, index_type
FROM all_indexes
WHERE table_name = 'DCTCONRB';

SELECT constraint_name, constraint_type