The application requires more database privileges than you have currently been granted.

From: Gustaf <gustafl_at_algonet.se>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:49:55 +0100

Using Oracle 10.2. I'm still learning the basics, and now I'm having a problem with users I've created myself. They can't login. When I attempt to login, I get the error:

  The application requires more database privileges than you have   currently been granted.

No hint of what's missing. I have added the CONNECT role to the users, which appears to be the only role needed according to the manual. I also added the RESOURCE role. Finally, I added the SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE and I could login, but there's no mention of that in the manual.

Is CONNECT really the only role needed to login, and why isn't it enough in my case?

Gustaf Received on Thu Mar 06 2008 - 09:49:55 CST

Original text of this message