Re: Label security - Beginners question...

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:25:44 +0100

Mark D Powell schrieb:
> Besides the Oracle RLS (row level security) feature also called VPD
> which is what Frank mentioned do not forget that plan old views can
> often be used to good effect for security uses along with application
> use and setting of roles combined with having and following good
> policies on object privilege granting.
Yes, after having had a look behind all that I see that oracle doesn't do any magic there. DML gets done using triggers and you're right, the predicate based policy can be done using views. Since we separate the schemaowner from the users this is eminently possible.

Lots of greetings and thanks to both of you! Volker

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.