Genemapper woes

From: <b.cain_at_mmu.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:41:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi.

I'm trying to get a piece of genetic software from Applied Biosystems to work, called GeneMapper 3.0. It uses an oracle 8.1.7 database. I tried installing it through vista with no luck -couldn't resolve TNS names etc. After reading about similar problems on bionet (apparently it won't work at all on Vista), I went down the route of installing virtual PC and running it through XP on my vista machine.

However every time I try and install the software (tried this on two different machines now) it hangs up on installation. A command prompt window with 'Install Orcale - C:\OracleGM \ifatmp3\launchOracleInstall.bat appears with a blank window beneath it and the installation freezes. I'm worried that I may have deleted something in the registry that it needs when I was uninstalling the software on one of my multiple installation attempts.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks. Received on Tue Feb 26 2008 - 10:41:35 CST

Original text of this message