Re: Strange behavior of subquery

From: joel garry <>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:05:20 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 25, 10:23 am, Hans Mayr <> wrote:
> Hello,
> I found out that the problem seems to be connected to my V_BASE. It
> looks fine if you look at its results alone or in simple joins but if
> it gets more complicated it shows that strange behavior of changing
> the values in one column. It is highly disturbing for me that I can
> not rely on a view's results, that it changes it's values when used in
> another context.
> If I solve the problem I will report it. Has anybody ever had a view
> that was "unreliable" as mine? Either I have done something really bad
> or something in our server is really mixed up.
> Thanks and best,
> Hans

There have been bugs related to hierarchies and union alls, supposedly fixed in your version - which could mean they broke something related with the fix. I'd advise you to open an SR with support with the simplest possible reproducible case to at least rule out a bug or find a workaround if there is one (which might be an undocumented init.ora parameter).

-- is bogus.