Re: Directory for CIFS folders on Windows

From: Thomas Sommerfeld <>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:08:22 +0100

Vladimir M. Zakharychev schrieb:
> Patch to or upgrade to - they say these
> patchsets have the issue with UNC paths fixed. No fix for XE though as
> Oracle never created patchsets for it. Oh, and I suppose you made sure
> Oracle service runs under an account that can access those network
> shares and not under "Local System"...

it seems not to work even with But I found a workaround which is fine for me. For my purpose I just want to index a list of files with Oracle Text and in this case it's possible to index the column with the filename pointing to a remote network share by using the FILE_DATASTORE.

Thanks for your help

For answers by personal mail use: thomas.sommerfeld at domain