Re: 0 results found. Did you mean "***"?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:14:16 +0100

Marten Lehmann wrote:

>> Guess you have to compare the number of exact matches to
>> the number of fuzzy matches.

> Well, but how do I find out the fuzzy matches? How do I know that there
> is "oscar" which is similar to "oskar"?
>
> Regards
> Marten

where ... contains versus where instr(..) >0?

Or whatever fuzzy method you use... Bottom line is, you would have to do it twice (or inspect the indexes for near hits): once for exact matches, once for the fuzzy.

Guess it's time for OracleText internals... What does Thomas Kyte have to say about it - did you check om asktom.oracle.com?

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up