Re: 0 results found. Did you mean "***"?

From: Frank van Bortel <>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 05:17:09 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 11, 8:10 pm, Marten Lehmann <> wrote:
> Hello,
> some weeks ago I asked for a fuzzy string search. Someone posted an
> example using Oracle Text.
> Now I'm interested in a similar, but technically different thing:
> Instead of searching fuzzy, I would like to strictly search for the
> words given, but optionally present similar items.
> I guess everyone has seen this before at Try a search for
> "oskar wilde" and google will respond with:
> "Did you mean: oscar wilde"
> How can I do this with Oracle Text (any anyway else without having to
> invent the logic behind it completey from scratch)?
> Regards
> Marten

Similar results: that would be fuzzy after all... Guess you have to compare the number of exact matches to the number of fuzzy matches. If fuzzy matching deliveres a magnitude larger results than exact, it might be a good idea to question the input and offer the fuzzy match as alternative. Received on Tue Feb 12 2008 - 07:17:09 CST

Original text of this message