Re: doing hints on view

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 17:44:00 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 7, 7:10 am, Gints Plivna <gints.pli..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> cannot find any reason to use user defined functions at all in this
> case. You can do all that in just one SQL statement, it would be much
> faster and better understandable.
>
> Gints Plivnahttp://www.gplivna.eu

I am guessing that the example is more or less made up by stripping out all the real logic. I think that the hint would need to be in the package on the cursor rather than in the view but without a better explanation of why a packagted function is being used it is very difficult to try to determine what the heck is the point of the code.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Feb 09 2008 - 19:44:00 CST

Original text of this message