Re: Oracle Streams - worth it?

From: Frank van Bortel <>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 20:14:24 +0100

Isaac Blank wrote:

> Anyway, based on what you provided, I think we will start evaluating
> both Advanced Replication and Oracle Streams. Will be fun setting up
> test environment to see which one performs better.
> Thank you for your input, it is very helpful

You're welcome.

Be sure to hit Streams with a couple of thousand updates, and see if it can still replicate (fails in

Also consider maintenance; both are a pain to working again, if something goes wrong, but I found Adv Rep somewhat easier to get going again - it does allow for that one view to be rebuilt.

Would appreciate feedback on your findings with 10G

Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up