Simple (hopefully) query question

From: TonyV <kingskippus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:22:25 -0800 (PST)

Hey all, I'm having a problem with what should be a simple query. I don't know if my brain is fried today or what, but hopefully the following simple example will explain what I'm trying to do:

  • Does NOT work select col_name, col_count from ( select column1 "col_name", count(column1) "col_count" from table_name group by column1 ) where col_count > 1;

When I try to run this, I get dinged with a 904 error, invalid identifier.

My question is this: How can I select the name and count of something where the count is greater than one? Received on Wed Feb 06 2008 - 14:22:25 CST

Original text of this message