Req: DBA's Required in VA
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:22:37 -0800 (PST)
- = = > Please send profiles to michael.vigie_at_pyramidconsultinginc.com
Please let me know if you have any suitable candidate references for the following requirements:
Herndon, VA - Local Candidates preferred 3+ Months
„X Support Development and Production database activities „X Mentor existing staff on tool „X Contribute to the resolution of database performance issues „X Backfill for team members as needed on other projects or productionissues
Must-Have Skills: „X 8+ year experience as an Oracle DBA with experience in Oracle 10g „X Experience with development and production database environmentAt least 5 years of full-life cycle ORACLE DBA experience in the Unix environment.
„X Expertise in Oracle performance tuning Very Large Databases (VLDBs) „X Experience in Capacity planning and db size estimation „X Expertise in Oracle Architecture „X Experience in large multi-terabyte instances including partition management „X Experience with OLAP and OLTP database modeling „X Experience automating DBA task such as change management and database mentoring „X Understanding of PL/SQL „X Excellent communication skills „X Strong Team work and interpersonal skills „X Familiar with 10g GRID Control usage „X Production support experience is required Nice to Have Skills: „X Unix OS and scripting experience preferred „X Autosys experience preferred
Database Administrator III (ORACLE and SYBASE) Herndon, VA - Local Candidates preferred 6 Months
* 5-7 years of technical computer application development and/or
* Candidates must have a proven ability to successfully juggle the
* The candidate must be comfortable working in an environment
requiring 7x24 support.
* The candidate must be comfortable working with applications in the
middle of the business pipeline and demonstrate consideration of the bigger picture when identifying solutions. - Before 8:30am weekdays, validate that all the database are functioning without errors
- Perform DBA role duties thru-out the day on various production applications to include: monitoring database activity, respond to issues, research issues, implement solutions, respond to help desk ticket, manage tickets effectively,
- Understand the Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and company policies and procedures and adhere to those requirements in all work performed. - Execute Database modifications (DBMods) - Perform DBA support activities associated with application implementations. Activities may include password encryption, Database monitoring, insert/update/deletions/modifications to the Database. - Support application user acceptance testing. - Support acceptance support activities associated with application releases. Activities may include password encryption, log monitoring, and technical application shakeout.
- Position will on Production Support team.
- Hours: Tuesday - Friday from 12pm - 8pm and Saturday from 9am - 6pm
- Candidate must be willing to work with minimal supervision