Re: Funky Query

From: Geoff Muldoon <geoff.muldoon_at_trap.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:54:00 +1100

amerar_at_iwc.net says...
> Hi,
>
> I need to write a query or sub-query, but only use a parameter once.
> Take a look at this:
>

> A Z198051 27-AUG-07 27-AUG-07
> B Z199111 31-AUG-07 31-AUG-07
> C Z215180 17-OCT-07 17-OCT-07
> D Z27867 21-FEB-06 22-FEB-06
> E Z239557 28-DEC-07 28-DEC-07
> F Z230612 01-DEC-07 03-DEC-07
> G Z108701 22-NOV-06 23-NOV-06
> H Z171480 04-JUN-07 04-JUN-07
> I Z143538 02-MAR-07 02-MAR-07
> J Z107108 16-NOV-06 17-NOV-06
> K Z114553 18-DEC-06 19-DEC-06
> L Z168095 24-MAY-07 24-MAY-07
> M Z82875 22-AUG-06 23-AUG-06
> N Z71657 14-JUL-06 14-JUL-06
> O Z55598 19-MAY-06 19-MAY-06
>

> Basically the code (1st column) will be passed in, and I want to
> retrieve the ID (second column) for that code with the MAX date (3rd
> column).
>

> Problem being that the way the engine for this application is
> written,
> you can only pass 1 parameter to it. So, I can only pass the code
> once, which means I can only use it in the query once......

  1. Protocol for assistance requests here is to provide your Oracle version and O/S platform in case it is relevant to a solution.
  2. Your description of the problem makes no sense. Is your "third column" a string containing multiple dates? And passing a single parameter to a query doesn't preclude that parameter from being referenced multiple times in a query.

GM Received on Thu Jan 31 2008 - 20:54:00 CST

Original text of this message