Re: Selct DISTINCT

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:38:38 +0100

trpost_at_gmail.com schrieb:

> So the problem I have is that there is some duplicate data in TABLE1
> and TABLE2, but TABLE1 data always has more data available then in
> TABLE2, so that is how I know if there is a duplicate to take the
> first row.

You seem to miss Frank's point - there is no FIRST row in the relational table (or in result set returned without order by clause). Either you introduce ordering criteria and then utilize analytical functions to eliminate *duplicates* or you take the approach - any one of them is as good as another and remove all *duplicates* except a random one, utilizing method you was shown by David.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Tue Jan 29 2008 - 15:38:38 CST

Original text of this message