Re: Oracle 10g XML

From: Maxim Demenko <>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:30:23 +0100

Vladimir M. Zakharychev schrieb:
> On Jan 26, 12:41 am, "" <> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I'm sure this can be done, but I want to verify it.
>> Can you output XML from the result of a query or set of data???
>> Thanks!

> Yes. See XML DB Developer's Guide for details. There are plenty of
> DBUriType type, SYS_XMLGEN() and SYS_XMLAGG() SQL functions, and more.
> Regards,
> Vladimir M. Zakharychev
> N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)

Just a small addition, for any new development oracle (well to be precise, Mark Drake, who is product manager of XMLDB) encourage to use whenever possible SQL/XML Operators instead of DBMS_XMLGEN (the OTN XMLDB forum itself is an excellent source of examples to generate XML from relational data)

Best regards

Maxim Received on Sat Jan 26 2008 - 04:30:23 CST

Original text of this message