Re: NFS

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 20:39:08 -0800

madunix wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Trying to do RMAN from catalog database Dell Linux server RHEL to our
> production Data base data registered on catalog
> During RMAN remote backup on the NFS server Linux , the NFS files
> system get disconnected and it cause the DB on the Production
> got DB restart the NFS get disconnect.... any help would be
> appreciated how should i mount the NFS file options
>
> NFS Server: RHEL5 64bit
> NFS Client : AIX5L 5.3
> DB: Oracle 10g 10.0.2.3
>
> I am using the following nfs options on the AIX box
> [root_at_aix_prod1]#mount -o
> rw,bg,intr,hard,timeo=600,wsize=32768,rsize=32768,vers=3,proto=tcp
> 10.5.1.33:/u01/rman /nfs
>
> on the Linux server the NFS export look as follow
> [root_at_linux3 ~]# cat /etc/exports
> #/etc/exports
> #/data/files *(ro,sync)
> #/u01/test *(rw,no_root_squash,insecure)
> /u01/rman *(rw,no_root_squash,insecure)
> #/data/test *.my- site.com(rw,sync)

What I use is NetApp specific but very similar to yours: ntap270a:/vol/alpha /u01 nfs
rw,bg,intr,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,noac,nolock,tcp,vers=3 0 0

You might want to examine the differences. They may be significant.

I've never had a problem with NFS.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor