Oracle settings for letter template error Options

From: <hermithead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:03:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi, We have an Oracle 6i forms set up which displays MS Word letters this in-house information system of ours. Everytime we Protect Form on
a Word letter (to activate the Form functionality) and then try to display it via Oracle we get these two error messages 'Run-Time error 509 - the InsertFieldChars command is not available because the dodument is a protected form'
and 'Run-Time error 4605 - This method or property is not available because the document is a protected document'. Once we click 'End' on these messages the Word doc displays fine. We have exhausted our testing on MS Word/Macros/VBA and have so far isolated to what our
programmer seems to think is the settings within Oracle but we do not have the budget to further this beyond his assumptions. Apart from upgrading Oracle 6i (which we cant at this stage) would anyone know what settings need to be configured to prevent these error messages from happening. Received on Mon Jan 21 2008 - 21:03:21 CST

Original text of this message