Re: ORA-12514 with 10g Install (LONG...)

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:08:37 +0100

Scout wrote:
> I'm back after a long hiatus. Thanks for all the inputs again, Frank
> and Shakespeare. I am still trying and I am still having issues. Some
> changes since the last time:
> 1. Now I have managed to install a loopback adapter successfully and
> 2. I have also switched to Oracle Enterprise Edition (Personal)

That would kind of invalidate all previous attempts.

Let's start at the beginning:
- did you create an instance, called "ORCL", or is it still "XE"? (You did tnsping XE - hence the question...)

  • can you: -- open a command prompt ("DOS box") -- type "set oracle_sid=orcl" -- type "sqlplus / as sysdba" both times without the quotes.

Post the results of that.

I never had to install a loopback adapter on XP (btw - which version of XP do you use?!?).

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up