Re: problem connecting to db.

From: Charles Hooper <>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 03:32:11 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 14, 2:43 am, "Mr. X" <> wrote:
> I have tried to catch the exception when connection is failed.
> For about 100 events I didn't catch (program is hanged ...)
> one of them has the following exception (when doing, as I have
> mentioned) :
> error number : -2147467259
> description : ORA-12638: Credential retrieval.
> Does the above error is a clue to some problem ?
> Thanks :)

It looks like you are making progress.

Try a Google search for: ORA-12638

The first result is currently a thread on Oracle's support forums, and appears to be helpful - the thread discusses the value of SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES. If the computer's time varies from the Active Directory domain controller's time by more than 5 minutes (the default), domain authentication will fail, if the computer is a member of Active Directory.

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Mon Jan 14 2008 - 05:32:11 CST

Original text of this message