Re: How do I install 10g and import .DMP file

From: Markus Tazl <m_tazl_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:32:10 -0800 (PST)

On 10 Jan., 04:37, mike <m..._at_youremail.com> wrote:
> ok, I am a contractor trying to install 10g on a server. I have NO experience with this. I have 18 discs and no idea what
> to install or which one first. were trying to have it spit out the infor on asp pages. any quidance would be helpful.
> thank so much in advance.
>
> you can reply to me with oracle 10g in subject to mbiling at hotmail.com
>
> once again thank you...

A good source of information is the oracle technet where you can find lots of articles,
 documentation and so on. But i'm pretty sure that this won't be of assist in your
current situation.

Even if should manage to install the software somehow after reading a manual, what will you do after
that ? At least you'll have to setup and config a database to get things running, without any knowledge on basics like tablespaces, privileges and approx.1 000 000 other things you won't get far. Even for importing your stuff from a dumpfile you should have basic oracle knowledge.

best regards and good luck
Markus Tazl Received on Thu Jan 10 2008 - 14:32:10 CST

Original text of this message