Re: copy table data to another database programatically

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:06:32 GMT

Sean Nakasone <seannakasone_at_yahoo.com> wrote in news:Pine.WNT.4.64.0801091348580.2936_at_ctfanxnfba.unjnvvnaryrpgevp.arg:

> anyone have code snippets to copy table contents from one database to
> another? i usually use toad and make 2 database connections, then copy
> data across, but i really would like to find more automated way.

So you'd like Oracle to read your mind to discern which 2 databases are involved, differentiate between source & target DB, & automagically moved the contents of the desired table for you without you doing anything but think about what should be done.
RIGHT? Now that would be a great example of AUTOMATION!

I apologize for Oracle for forcing to take wasteful actions to move data. Received on Wed Jan 09 2008 - 22:06:32 CST

Original text of this message