Re: read from registry - vb 6.0

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 06:46:21 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 9, 12:46 am, "Mr. X." <no_spam_please_at_nospam_please.com> wrote:
> I suppose if I will search in google,
> I will find this thread.
>
> I didn't find any answer, yet,
> because there are several problems (ERROR_MORE_DATA ...)
> long l
> long ln
> string value
> l = RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "<full_path>", 0, 1, hnd)
> ... ' the above is O.K and l = 0.
> ln = 0
> l = RegQueryValueEx(hnd, "a_key", 0, 1, value, ln)
>
> after the above l = 234 (ERROR_MORE_DATA)   and ln got the correct size !
>
> I will appreciate if I find the answer in this thread, please.
>
> Thanks :)

Too lazy to do your own work? You've been directed to a wealth of information (google.com) and to a proper forum (one on VB/VB6) yet you decide it's too much work to search for this information yourself or ask elsewhere so you demand someone post an exact solution to your particular problem here.

You're not winning any friends with this behaviour.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Jan 09 2008 - 08:46:21 CST

Original text of this message