Re: External Table Question

From: <>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 05:58:23 -0800 (PST)

Comments embedded.
On Jan 8, 10:15 pm, "" <> wrote:
> I love these external tables.  It really gets rid of the old

Glad you like them.

> Anyhow, is there a way to create an external table where the filename
> is dynamic?  Basically the filename changes a couple of times during
> the process.......

To answer that question: no. And why does the file name change 'a couple of times during the process...'? It would be logical to me to create a different external table for each file and drop the previous external table when it is no longer needed.

> Not sure if this can be done short of re-creating the table, but I
> thought I'd ask.....
> Regards & Thanks!

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Jan 09 2008 - 07:58:23 CST

Original text of this message