irrevelant with this group but i really need help (About bringing a suit against Oracle University Turkey)

From: Bora Yuret <borayuret_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 14:32:30 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I was working as a trainer(contractor) for Oracle University Turkey and for their education partners. One of their partners tried to force me about a training that OUT(Oracle University Turkey) will not know anything about the education(with photocopy books).

 I did not accept it and informed OUT about this situation. But they did nothing about their partner and reduced the number of my Oracle educations. So i gave up working with Oracle and finished our partnership.

I founded my own education company, with a small class. I agreed with Sideris courseware to use their Oracle coursewares for my educations. I asked OUT for an Oracle database education license to use in my class. But they told me that I could only buy a license per user, ie. for every student in my class. And i should renew my license for every education, for every student. This was an unacceptable and unpayable license of course. So i decided to use Oracle Database Express Edition for my educations.

But last week, OUT sent me a warning that i can not use Oracle XE for my educations. They threatened me that if wouldn't stop my educations, they will bring a suit against my company.

Don't i have any chance to organize Oracle database educations independent from Oracle? I am thinking about bringing a suit against OUT that they prevent us from the competition.

May you please help me with your experience? Do every education company have to get permission from Oracle for Oracle educations, either if the company do not use Oracle coursewares. Isn't there any chance for competition?

Thanks for your answers and have a nice year.

Bora YURET
HedefBilgi Bilisim Akademisi
Ankara, TURKEY Received on Sat Dec 29 2007 - 16:32:30 CST

Original text of this message