Re: ORA-12514 with 10g Install

From: Scout <scout1024_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:40:02 -0800 (PST)

> So, did you use localhost? Or did you use a 'real' loopback adapter? You may
> have had a DHCP lease, which expired and have gotten a local address (but I
> must confess: I'm guessing here...)

Shakespeare, I tried, but the install of the loopback adapter didnt work successfully. I went through all the screens to install, but it errored out after I selected the loopback adapter (Simply said that it could not install it successfully).

> If you do a re-install and test the same situation, perform an ipconfig /all
> before you install, after install ad after the service died and compare the
> output.
> I still suggest you use amn installed loopback adapter, Oracle suggests that
> in the installation guides. The installer will pick up your network card ip
> if you don't.

Thanks again. I will try that again.

Meanwhile, I tried a couple of different things, and with those changes, it gives me an entirely different error. I added an environment variable"ORACLE_HOME" to point to "C:\oraclexe \app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server" and another one for "TNS_ADMIN" that points to "C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\NETWORK \ADMIN". And now the error that I get is: Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error.

Am I doing something wrong, playing with the environment variables? Or are there other environment variables that I need that I am missing?

Thanks. Received on Fri Dec 28 2007 - 18:40:02 CST

Original text of this message