Re: problem connecting to db.

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 07:42:56 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 27, 8:27 am, "Mr. X." <no_spam_please_at_nospam_please.com> wrote:
> David Fitzjarrell wrote :
> -----------------------
> You'll need to post the connection string details and the Oracle
> release (all four numbers)  before anyone can assist you.  What you've
> posted is of little use in diagnosing your problem.
> ------------------------
>
> O.K
> connection string is :
> Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=***;User ID=***;Password=***
>
> And the oracle version is Oracle 9i.
> Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.6.0
> JServer Release 9.2.0.6.0

Your connection 'sometimes hang', but it isn't a regular occurrence, so why do you blame Oracle for the issue? Have you considered this may be a network issue? Have you considered that the alert log entries are not associated with the connection hanging? Have you considered anything other than Oracle being at fault?

If you're so convinced that Oracle is the culprit then I would enable client tracing in the local sqlnet.ora file and see what the traces tell you.

Post them after you generate them if you're still confused.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Dec 27 2007 - 09:42:56 CST

Original text of this message