How to access Synonym when it has same name as that of a Table

From: <basab.datta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 03:53:56 -0800 (PST)

I am using Oracle 9i and I have an issue when in following situation

CREATE TABLE BE_FRIEND (NAME VARCHAR(20), INSTITUTE VARCHAR(40)) CREATE TABLE LAME_DUCK (CLASSIFICATION CHAR(15), GENUS VARCHAR(20), PHYLUM VARCHAR(40)) CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM BE_FRIEND FOR LAME_DUCK Now you can observe from above that 'BE_FRIEND' is a Table as well as a PUBLIC Synonym. If I want to call the Synnonym Table how do I call it?

When execute the SQL ' Select * from BE_FRIEND' it always returns the data in the table. How to distinguish between a Table and a Synonym? Received on Mon Dec 24 2007 - 05:53:56 CST

Original text of this message