Re: ORA-12514 with 10g Install

From: <scout1024_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 06:14:54 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 21, 4:00 am, vitalis..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On Dec 20, 10:47 pm, scout1..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I have tried re-installing as well, but that doesnt seem to work
> > either. Even after re-installation, it seems to work immediately after
> > installation but not subsequently.
>
> Are you sure the instance automatically starts up after a server
> reboot?
> Check out the Oracle services status (Windows administrative tools.)

Thanks for all your replies, guys!!

To answer your questions - Yes, I am on DHCP. I even tried disconnecting from the network and rebooted standalone and it still doesnt work. I tried the 127.0.0.1 as well as the <localhost> setting, and with no luck.

As for the hosts file, could you direct me where it is, so I can check it out? Remember that I am on a windows machine.

And the service DOES NOT automatically start after a reboot. The OracleServiceXE does, but the listener doesnt. and restarting doesnt help. the only time the same installation has worked was immediately after installation. And it even worked after a reboot on the same day.

Any ideas? Received on Fri Dec 21 2007 - 08:14:54 CST