Re: can't create table from package

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:22:56 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 16, 7:56 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> William Robertson wrote:
> > On Dec 15, 7:52 pm, "shakespeare" <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> >> No, this is not
> >> CREATE SCHEMA
> >> but
> >> CREATE PROCEDURE "schema.procname"
>
> > I was responding to David Fitzjarrell's comment that "CREATE SCHEMA"
> > is available from 10g onwards.
>
> CREATE SCHEMA is listed in the Oracle 7 Server SQL Language Quick
> Reference (1987).

Indeed, it's on page 4-221 of http://download.oracle.com/docs/pdf/A32538_1.pdf (And check out the typo on page A-18)

The bit about being able to roll back multiple DDL has long been a source of wonder for me, begging the question of implicit commits on other DDL.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Some somehow observe the day,but are vexed, I believe, that the body